Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back on Track

Got my computer! Whoot! Now to get things back on track....

How did my exercise go last week? I don't want to talk about it... Okay fine. I didn't do much. I went for a walk with my husband one night and drank lots of water! But I didn't complete my plan like I wanted to.
My excuses:
Bad weather
Bad weather
Good weather, but fussy baby
...
Excitement for the upcoming weekend.
Too Tired..

Yeah they don't really work for excuses. There was plenty to do inside!

So a new week is here and I am so pumped to get going again. I really really really want to be in shape so I can dance! I miss dancing SOOO much. I have taken breaks before and remember how NOT fun they are. (By the way, does anyone know of a good studio or company in the SLC area I can just go dance with?)

Anyway, I decided I needed to work out more than 2 times a week. Maybe that will help, we'll see.

Well what I mostly wanted to bring up in this Fitness post was Cardio! I love Cardio! Well, I used too- when it was good. Since I haven't been able to run for a while I have lost my cardio endurance! So now I am like scared, or something, to run. I know I will be out of breath, I know it will be hard and I know that I will get a side ache. Well the Dr said to take it slow. So here's an idea of how to slowly build up my cardio again.

Walk 5 minutes
Jog 5 minutes
Walk 5 minutes
Jog 5 minutes
Walk 5 minutes

OR

Walk 5 minutes
50 Jumping Jacks
50 Jump Ropes
Repeat 3 times

OR

if that gets boring and you are watching TV instead of working out do this

Walk in place when the show is on
Jumping Jacks throughout commercials.

Shows are usually an hour? That's a great workout!! Make sure to have a water bottle handy and drink at least 3 of them.

So I'm going to try it! While watching The Biggest Loser, which is my netflix addiction. I love that show! I always wanted to be a trainer like Jillian Micheals!!

I encourage ALL of you reading this that need to start getting on track to do this. Try one each day or just find what works for you. If you want a different idea or have a different idea don't be afraid to comment and let me know! I love feedback!

Happy Cardio!

1 comment: