Friday, July 13, 2012

Jillian Michaels is Ligit

So last night my husband and I decided to try one of Jillian Michael's workout DVD's.  We did the Get Ripped in 30. It has 4 different workouts, one for each week. I love her method because it is easy to follow along. I also like her because she is big on injury prevention, which I am also big on from my dance training. 
 

 Here is a link to watch the DVD trailer.



 How she does it is 3-2-1 = 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. She does 3 sets. So hubby and I think we're pretty tough right because we are dancers, or whatever. We feel good after the warm-up and Jillian actually says, "You are a beginner, follow this girl that is doing the beginning level."  
Alright So I do the beginning, by the 2nd set of 3-2-1, AHH! I'm going to throw up. Hubby is also going to throw up, but he did the advanced! He was regretting that choice the whole night! This just goes to show that Jillian is ligit! She knows what she's talking about people, even if you have been running 3 times a week!


We couldn't even finish the whole week 1 workout because we  were so worked halfway through the second set! We had to go outside, walk it off and just go to bed. I am sure surprised this morning that I am not super sore.  If you need a workout to do- do this one!! It is awesome!! We are going to try again tonight and see if we can get through the whole workout!!  

Also, we started on a Thursday.  So each week will begin and end on Thursday. You don't have to wait until Monday rolls around! Are you even going to remember, when Monday's are so crazy anyway? Do it now! Start your exercise and be active, the sooner you start, the better you will feel!





Wish us luck!
~Boppy 

No comments:

Post a Comment